How to Cook a Shipley Huston Ribeye Steak
Chef Andy Long, from Over Yonder restaurant in Valle Crucis, NC, shares his recipe for cooking the perfect steak using Shipley's signature Huston Ribeye cut.
- Remove steak from packaging, pat dry with a paper towel and leave out at room temperature for 20-30 minutes.
- Season vigorously with salt and pepper.
- Heat skillet over medium heat for about 5 minutes to slowly get a sear on the meat, not quickly burn the exterior.
- Add just enough olive oil to lightly coat the bottom of the pan.
- Carefully place steak in pan. Move it around a little to keep it from sticking, then leave it alone for about 5-8 minutes to get a good sear. Then flip.
- Add a tablespoon of butter to skillet, then place the garlic in the pan and the thyme on top of the steak.
- Tilt the pan at an angle to get the melted butter into a spoon and baste the steak, pouring the butter over the herbs and onto the meat.
- Start checking the internal temperature with the thermometer. Pull the steak out of the pan and place on the cutting board when the desired temperature is met ~120° for rare ~125-130° for medium rare ~ 130-140° for medium
- CRITICAL STEP - Allow steak to rest for a minimum of 10 minutes before slicing. This keeps all those yummy juices inside the steak instead of running all over your cutting board.
- When plating, spoon butter, garlic, and thyme over sliced steak and ENJOY!